Sunday, May 2, 2010

Strombo Show Chat Summary ~ April 25, 2010 *Repeat of March 14, 2010 show* (incomplete)


Info/links/etc.. from the April 25, 2010 Strombo Show Chat:



The April 25, 2010 Strombo Show was actually a repeat of the March 14, 2010 show.

OH.. AND.. the Playlist is up now here:
March 14, 2010: The Strombo Show Playlist (& G12 Count Down) [Repeated April 25, 2010]

We didn't have a regular chat that night as the overall vote was to chill, listen & take a break to.. since George was! He was off filming a movie (oh boy!) in Halifax (more info to come on that.. I just just have to find the file..) But the shoot got extended & he didn't make it back to TO in time to do the radio show.


[ Picture of George & Rich at the CBC Studio's.. posing.. showing off their t-shirts! ]

However, what did happen that night was a whole bunch of the old guard/chat regulars who haven't been always available on Sunday nights were all free for the first time in ages this Sunday.. so we still hung out.. chatted like old times & had a really good, chill, laid-back & super fun night.

So.. I do have a chat summary coming for this show.. I'm behind.. (still working on overall blog set up & getting playlists up here..)

But re-listening to the March 14, 2010 show was awesome for me.. It was one of my favorites this year & the only show I haven't been able to stream on The Strombo Show Website for some reason. If it's the Flash (see my post here about that.. ) or something else, but it crashes my browser into a big massive heap ~3-15mins in & I can't stream it :(

It was also the show that inspired me to finally set the Strombo Show Chat sessions up again.. this time on Skype, in a different format & to set up this blog.

So it was a very pivotal show for me. It could have been hearing "Sinead O'Connor - Troy" [ YouTube version ] again.. blew my mind & I put it on repeat for the next 3 days straight!

Thanks George & Bob for Troy! And of course Rich (and his wife Emily) and Darby and Mike and the other producers.. (Amanda I think, & Michael.. or are Mike & Micheal the same person), etc.. we love you guys.

You make our Sundays!
#RecordsForRecordLovers



Thanks for your patience all.

Yours in musical awesome-ness,

~(now former) StromboShowChat Collective

No comments:

Post a Comment

As it turns out, I can't turn off the "Anonymous Users" part of the commenting form w/out also losing other formating I like, so I'll have to live with it. However, I do hope that those that comment here will make an effort to at least use a name of some sort. Or if you have a blog or website you can include it under the "Name/URL" option.

I do welcome all comments regardless and while you are not obliged to leave anything more than the comment, this blog is about engaging and sharing so I hope you will do the same.

Best regards,
Yours in musical awesome-ness!

~(now former) StromboShowChat Collective
.